- This event has passed.
Skilled 4 Success – A Community Business Project
May 20, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until June 10, 2021
Community Business Project Program Outline
The Thorndale Community Business project allows participants to learn about what it takes to start their own business. This 6-week program goes over idea generation, product feasibility, product logistics, marketing research, and selling strategies to prepare each participant to start their own micro-business and sell by the start of the summer!
Register here: https://form.jotform.com/211236073918252
Participants will learn and utilize:
- Idea generation
- Business planning
- Customer service
- Income generation
Week 1) Understanding Entrepreneurship
- Terms, Feasibility, Idea Generation
- Establish a clear understanding of entrepreneurship.
- Establish feasibility and community project guidelines.
- Review eco-friendly parameters of business plans
- Have participants start generating business ideas with their team members.
Week 2) Understanding Finances & Finding your Market.
- Financial formulas, competing with other companies, loans, and branding.
- Market research and product logistics
- Establish a clear understanding of market research and have participants identify potential markets for their product ideas.
- Identify 3 demographics and psychographic characteristics of the target demographic.
- All groups will create a Business Gmail.
- Research potential suppliers to see where you can effectively source materials.
- Ensure you account for all materials needed to make sure you have the TRUE cost of your product.
Week 3) Understanding Income
- Income statements and market strategy
- Establish a clear understanding of what an income statement is, why its need and why its important to track.
- Create a template of an Income Statement. This will be used for the rest of the program
- Create a template of a pre-order form
- Create a template for your Customer Database Management (Sales)
- Create a Cash Flow Template
- Prepare for the loan application (Action still under review)
- Market Strategy
- Name 3 direct and indirect competitors and state your competitive advantage over them?
- Write your company’s mission statement – think about your brand identity.
- Create a SWOT analysis for your company.
- Create a logo for your business.
- Marketing Opportunity- Email us from your business account with your logo and a one-sentence description for us to promote on our social media accounts.
Week 4) Pitch to the Pro’s Item Still Under Review
- Venture pitch to community partners
- Venture Pitch Creation
- Venture Pitch Presentations
Week 5) Customer Service & Advertisement prep
- Customer management and cash flow charts
- SHSM Objective
- Have each participant complete the Customer service SHSM training and prepare certifications
- Must have an 80% to pass and qualify
- Complete the Marketing Mix: Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
- Ensure marketing and advertisement strategies are understood
- Create and start up your social media accounts!
Week 6) Selling Your Product & Business Plan Layouts
- Selling strategies and elevator pitch
- Determine a selling strategy you will be using.
- Create an elevator pitch using provided outline ( Will be attached to lesson resources)